Licensed Therapist (Eating Disorder Specialty)
Food Freedom Therapy, PLLC is a group private practice focused on helping people make peace with food and their bodies. We are looking for a licensed mental health professional (LPC, LMFT, Licensed social worker) to join our team! The counselor / therapist will demonstrate clinical expertise with treating eating disorders and related mental health conditions, including assessments, treatment planning, therapy, documation, and discharge/continuing care planning. Must be HAES (Health at Every Size) aligned and skilled at helping clients with eating disorders and related issues such as OCD, anxiety, depression, body dysmorphia, etc.
Therapist Job Responsibilities:
- Expectation of at least 25 clinical hours/week (with option to increase as desired) in addition to 1.5 hours/week of meetings – A part-time option is negotiable but only full-time employees are eligible for benefits such as health insurance and PTO.
- 1:1 psychotherapy, with option for couples, groups, and family therapy.
- Establish positive, trusting rapport with patients and provide professional client service.
- Diagnose and treat mental health disorders, including creating effective individualized treatment plans.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of patient progress.
- Involve and advises family members when appropriate.
- Refer patients to outside specialists or agencies when necessary.
- Collaborate with other treatment professionals such as dietitians, MDs and psychiatrists.
- Maintain timely and professional clinical documentation.
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures.
- Attend Company meetings.
- Follow ethical and legal guidelines as established by the state of Texas, ACA, HIPAA and other governing agencies.
- Maintain licensure in good standing with state of Texas.
- Contribute to practice by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Shared responsibilities between the practice and therapist include but are not limited to tasks related to scheduling, billing, and other administrative/client service tasks. Marketing and networking oneself is encouraged but not required, as Company does a lot of marketing for staff.
Monday – Friday, 9am-7pm with flexibility on days and hours. Some availability for evening sessions is required. Weekend hours are optional.
Therapist will be expected to work in-office at the Southlake location two days a week and can be virtual other days.
Compensation and Benefits
- Flat fee per session depending on qualifications plus some compensation for admin hours (annualized compensation ranges from $40K to $55K+ depending on hours worked)
- Medical coverage
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Paid time off (PTO)
- CE compensation
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to work remotely part of the time
- Marketing / help building a client caseload
- Training and consultation
- Ability to effectively use technology (e.g. electronic health record system)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to communicate with compassion and empathy
- Strong ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
- Team player who can also work independently
- Passion for working with eating disorders from a Health at Every Size (HAES) perspective
- Ability to provide Christian counseling a big plus!
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Master’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling, or related field
- Full licensure is preferred. Provisionally licensed clinicians with strong experience and skills might be considered.
- Clinical experience working with eating disorders
- Knowledge of intuitive eating and HAES principles
Send a cover letter and resume to Cherie Miller, LPC at firstname.lastname@example.org.