who is eating disorder coaching right for?
Coaching is a good fit for anyone in eating disorder recovery and treatment who needs some additional support beyond their current treatment team. Eating disorders are complex and medically dangerous mental illness, and as such, coaching is meant to supplement treatment you’re already getting from a therapist and/or dietitian, not take the place of it. The table below outlines some differences between eating disorder therapy and coaching services.
what would we do in eating disorder coaching sessions?
Some examples of things that might be included in your coaching would be:
- Activities to increase body acceptance
- Exploring your true values outside of your eating disorder
- Exploring and working on motivation for recovery
- Helping you set day-to-day goals and supporting you in achieving those goals
- Meal support (i.e., eating meals, snacks and fear foods together)
- Otherwise supporting the work you would be doing with your therapist and/or dietitian.
what is the rate for eating disorder coaching? can insurance be used?
My rate for coaching is $75 for a 45-minute session. Insurance typically does not cover or reimburse coaching, but some do so be sure to check with your provider.
how do I make an appointment?
Please contact me to schedule your first coaching session. Once I confirm that you are a fit for coaching and we meet for our initial appointment, you will be given access to my client portal and can then schedule your own appointments moving forward if you wish.