You + Food Freedom.
Schedule a FREE 15-minute Coaching discovery call or read more about coaching services below.
Who is Food Freedom Coaching right for?
Are you stuck in dieting?
Do you feel out of control around food?
Is your relationship with food stressful?
Coaching might be a good fit for you if answered yes to any of those and are looking to finally call a truce with food!
There are a few things to consider about Food Freedom Coaching though…
It should not be a replacement for therapy if you have a clinical eating disorder. Clinical eating disorders are complex and medically dangerous mental illnesses, and as such, coaching is typically meant to supplement outpatient treatment from a therapist or dietitian, not take the place of it. Also, therapy is the appropriate treatment for serious mental health issues like depression or anxiety, suicidal thoughts, or unresolved trauma.
However, Food Freedom Coaching might be an option on its own for someone with subclinical disordered eating, body image issues, or who is further along in their recovery.
If you do not currently have an outpatient treatment team, we will discuss in your free 15-minute discovery call whether you would need a therapist or dietitian in order for us to to do coaching together.
What’s the difference between therapy and coaching?
Eating Disorder Therapy
- Can diagnose and treat mental health issues using psychological interventions
- Will often explore the past, including the development of disordered eating issues
- Identify and work on trauma and its related symptoms
- Help clients identify therapeutic goals and work on a plan to achieve those goals.
- Offers support and accountability regarding meals and eating regularly/sufficiently, but does not do meal planning or offer nutritional counseling (that is the scope of a registered dietitian).
Food Freedom Coaching
- Does NOT diagnose and treat mental health issues using psychological interventions
- More focused on the “here and now” to help with current challenges
- Does NOT explore or treat trauma in any way.
- Offers support and accountability for goals not related to psychological work.
- Like a therapist, offers support and accountability regarding meals and eating regularly/sufficiently, but does not do meal planning or offer nutritional counseling.
What would we do in Food Freedom Coaching sessions?
Some examples of things that might be included in your coaching would be:
- Learning about the intuitive eating principles
- Learning about Health at Every Size (HAES)
- Activities to increase body acceptance
- Exploring your true values outside of your disordered eating
- Exploring and working on motivation for recovery
- Helping you set day-to-day goals and supporting you in achieving those goals
- Meal support (i.e., eating meals, snacks and fear foods together)
- Otherwise supporting the work you might be doing with a therapist and/or dietitian
What is the rate for Food Freedom Coaching? Can insurance be used?
Our rate for coaching is $65 for a 45-minute session. Insurance typically does not cover or reimburse coaching, but some do so be sure to check with your provider.
How do I make an appointment?
Click below to book online now or fill out the form below to contact us and find out more.
Questions? Contact Us About Food Freedom Coaching…